I am excited to announce that I am launching a new speaker series:
Storytellers of Awakening. Our launch event is Thursday, April 28th, and you may attend by clicking here.
The topic of spiritual awakening is near & dear to my heart; here is a little background information to explain why...
2014 & 2015 were the most difficult years of my life, but I survived them and I thank god to now find myself living in most amazing and happiest year of my life yet. I, along with many others, have gone through and continue to move through a process that has been extremely challenging, and often quite frightening, so much so that I have created a support group to assist others who may be working through similar experiences. You can learn more about the support movement here:
So what is this intense process that I'm speaking of?
It’s about Awakening. More & more people are coming to me for help, almost desperately, because they are feeling an internal shift and are wanting to re-invent and re-brand themselves professionally. I am passionate about assisting process because I have gone through it myself, and it is far from easy nor comfortable.
This internal shift is a call, a wake-up call, to find one’s soul purpose, and while it is a beautiful time it can also be a very confusing, scary, and even physically challenging time.
Over the next few newsletters I will be presenting my readers with “symptoms” of the Awakening in order to raise awareness about a phenomenon that many of us are experiencing but have yet to understand.
Happy reading, and happy self-discovery.
DO ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS SOUND FAMILIAR TO YOU?
1. You experience events that completely alter your life:
Death, divorce, change in job status, loss of home, illness, and/or other catastrophes — sometimes several at once! Forces that cause you to slow down, simplify, change, re-examine who you are and what your life means to you. Forces that you cannot ignore. Forces that cause you to release your attachments. Forces that awaken your sense of love and compassion for all.
2. You have a desire to break free from restrictive patterns, life-draining jobs, consumptive lifestyles, and toxic people or situations:
You feel a compelling need to “find yourself” and your life purpose. You want to be creative and free to be who you really are. You might find yourself drawn to the arts and nature. You want to unclutter yourself from things and people that no longer serve you.
3. You have emotional and mental confusion:
You are feeling that you need to get your life straightened out because it feels like a mess. But at the same time you feel chaotic and unable to focus.
4. You desire introspection, solitude and have loss of interest in more extroverted activities:
This stage has come as a surprise to many extroverts who formerly saw themselves as outgoing and involved. They say, “I don’t know why, but I don’t like to go out as much as before.”
5. You experience creativity bursts:
You begin receiving images, ideas, music, and other creative inspirations at an often overwhelming rate. Try to record these inspirations, for the Universe is speaking to you about how you might fulfill your purpose and contribute to the healing of the planet.
6. Your perception is that time is accelerating:
It seems that way because you have had so many changes introduced into your life at an unprecedented rate. The number of changes seems to be growing. Following the workday schedule that you used to doesn’t seem to work for you anymore, as if you don’t have enough time to get things done. Breaking up your day into appointments and time segments only seems to increase the acceleration.
7. You have a sense of "impending-ness":
There is a feeling that something BIG is about to happen. This can create anxiety.
8. You are plagued by feelings of impatience:
You know better, but sometimes you can’t help it. You want to get on with what seems to be coming your way. Uncertainty is not comfortable. You are being pulled to live in the present.
9. You carry a deep yearning for meaning, purpose, spiritual connection, and revelation:
Perhaps you have an interest in the spiritual for the first time in your life. Activities and things you found engaging in the past no longer interest you. The material world cannot fulfill this new longing that you have.
10. You own a feeling that you are somehow different:
A disquieting sense that everything in your life feels new and altered, that you have left your old self behind. You have. You are much greater than you can possibly imagine. There is more to come.
11. Your “teachers” appear everywhere with perfect timing to help you on your spiritual journey:
Teachers manifest as people, books, movies, events, and especially Mother Nature. Teachers may appear to be negative or positive when you are trapped in polarity thinking, but, from a transcendent perspective, they are always perfect.
12. A desire to find your soulmate or twin flame. More than ever before, the idea that we can have a relationship that matches who we are seems more desirable. The truth is, we have to be the kind of person we want to attract. We have to love ourselves and where we are right now before we can attract a more “perfect” mate. The work begins at home. We start to focus on cleaning up our own life and being the kind of person we want to be. We learn to be happy now and enjoy life as it is. Then we wait to see who the Universe puts in front of us…..
13. Harmony with seasons and cycles: We start to become more tuned to the seasons, the phases of the moon and natural cycles. We have more awareness of our place in the natural world. We have a stronger connection to the earth.
14. Feeling closer to animals and plants. To some Awakening Ones, animals now seem to be more “human” in their behavior. Wild animals are less afraid. Plants respond to our love and attention more than ever. Some may even have messages for us when we listen from our heart center rather than from our ears.
15. A sense of Oneness with all. We have a direct experience of this Wholeness. Transcendent awareness. Being flooded with compassion and love for all life. Compassionate detachment or unconditional love for all is what lifts us up to higher levels of consciousness and joy.
16. Dizziness, falling, having accidents, breaking bones. This occurs when we are ungrounded, often when we have just cleared a big emotional issue and the body is adjusting to a “lighter” state. Or, the body may be communicating a need to slow down, to examine certain aspects of life, or to heal certain issues. There is ALWAYS a message.
This is when we learn the importance of connecting with the earth. We learn to stay grounded by taking shoes off and putting our feet in the grass or sand. We are pulled, sometimes against the will of our busy schedules, to get out in nature and feel the earth beneath our feet. Most importantly, we learn to feel our feelings, as they are messages for guidance, and to be present.
17. Recurring numbers, portents, visions, “illusions”, symbols: We start seeing things that have spiritual importance, and once we notice, the floodgates open. We notice how numbers appear synchronistically in our awareness. Everything has a message when we take the time to look. Synchronistic events tell us if we are heading in the right direction or making the correct choices. Spirit uses synchronicity to communicate to us. When we honor these clues, we begin to experience daily miracles.
18 Electrical and mechanical malfunctions: Awakening brings lots of light energy into the physical body, hence the term “enlightenment”. It is not surprising then that lights around us may flicker, computers around us may lock up, and our cars may refuse to start. Sigh....
19. Increased intuitive abilities and altered states of consciousness: We think of someone and immediately hear from them. More and more synchronicities occur. We have sudden insights about patterns or events from the past. There is intensified sensitivity and knowing, and we may experience psychic phenomena such as clairvoyance, out-of-body experiences, and awareness of the thoughts of others.
20. Left-brain fogginess. Our psychic abilities, our intuitive knowing, our feeling and compassion, our ability to experience the body, our visioning, and our expressiveness all emanate from the right brain. In order for this side of the brain to develop more fully, the left brain must shut down a little bit.
Normally the left-hemisphere’s capacity for order, organization, structure, linear sequencing, analysis, evaluation, precision, focus, problem-solving, and mathematics dominate our often less-valued right brain. Results from the left brain taking a break are memory lapses, placing words in the wrong sequence, inability or no desire to read for very long, inability to focus; forgetting what you are just about to say; impatience with linear forms of communication (audio or written formats); a feeling of spaciness, being scattered; losing interest in research or complex information; feeling bombarded with words and talk and information; and a reluctance to write. Sometimes we feel dull and have no interest in analysis, lively intellectual discussion, or investigation.
On the other hand, we might find ourselves drawn to the arts: beautiful photos, movies, music, sculpting, painting, being with people, dancing, gardening, walking, and other kinesthetic forms of expression. We may search for spiritual content, even science fiction.
21. Increased integrity: We realize that it is time to seek and speak our truth. It suddenly seems important to become more authentic, and we may have to say “no” to people we have tried to please in the past. We may find it intolerable to stay in a marriage or job or place that doesn’t support who we are. We also find that there is nowhere to hide, and no secrets to keep anymore. Honesty becomes important in all relationships.
22. Heart palpitations. A racing heart usually accompanies a heart opening. It only lasts for a few moments and means that the heart is re-balancing itself after an emotional release.
23. Faster hair and nail growth. More protein is being used in the body. Women will find that they are needing to touch up their roots MUCH more frequently, and guitar players can expect to have to trim fingernails every couple of days!
24. Changes in weight. We often gain weight because many fears we have suppressed are now coming up to the surface to be healed. We react by building up a defense. We also attempt to ground ourselves or provide bulk against increasing frequencies in our bodies. It is helpful to know that the weight gain is temporary and we will release the weight after all fears have been integrated.
25. Changing sleep patterns: restlessness, hot feet, waking up two or three times a night. It is often common to feel tired after waking up, and then to feel sleepy off and on during the day. There is something called the Triad Sleep Pattern that occurs for many: we sleep for about 2-3 hours, wake up, go back to sleep for another couple of hours, wake again, and go back to sleep again. For others, the sleep requirements have changed. We can get by on less sleep.
26. Activity at the crown of the head: Tingling, itching, prickly, crawling sensations along the scalp and/or down the spine. A sense of energy vibrating on top of the head, as if energy is erupting from the head in a shower. Also the sensation of energy pouring in through the crown, described as “sprinkles”. This may also be experienced as pressure on the crown, as if someone is pushing his/her finger into the center of your head. This is the opening of the crown chakra. The sensations mean that we are opening up to receive divine energy.
27. Sudden waves of emotion. Crying at the drop of a hat. Feeling suddenly angry or sad with little provocation. Or inexplicably depressed. Then very happy. Emotional roller coaster. There is often a pressure or sense of emotions congested in the heart chakra (the middle of the chest). This is not to be confused with the heart, which is located to the left of the heart chakra. Old “issues” seem to be coming up, and the people with whom you need to work it out (or their clones) appear in your life. Memories surface. Body memories, suppressed memories, images of past lives and/or parallel lives. We are healing and integrating all our “selves”, so expect to have some of these experiences.
28. Changes in eating habits: Strange cravings and odd food choices. Some find they are not as hungry as they used to be. Or hungrier. Food intolerances, allergies you never had before. As we grow more spiritual, we are more sensitive to everything around us. The body tells us what it can no longer tolerate, as if it, too, is sloughing off what doesn’t serve it anymore. We might be cleansing ourselves of toxins.
29. Physically manifesting thoughts and desires more quickly and efficiently. We sense that we are “getting it” quite readily,and we begin moving through learning and personal issues at a rapid pace.
30. Vivid dreams. Sometimes the dreams are so real that we wake up confused. We may even have lucid dreams in which we know we are dreaming and are in control. Many dreams may be mystical or carry messages for us. And in some dreams, we just know that we are not “dreaming” — that what is happening is somehow real.
31. A range of physical manifestations: Headaches, backaches, neck pains, flu-like symptoms (this is called vibrational flu), digestive problems, muscular spasms or cramps, racing heartbeat, chest pains, changes in sexual desire, numbness or pain in the limbs, and involuntary vocalizations or bodily movements. Some of us have even had old conditions from childhood reappear briefly for healing.
32. Looking younger. Yay! As we clear emotional issues and release limiting beliefs and heavy baggage from the past, we are actually lighter. Our frequency is higher. We love ourselves and life more. We begin to resemble the perfect versions of ourselves that we really are.
33. Amplification of the senses. Increased sensitivity.
33a. Sight: Blurry vision, shimmering objects, seeing glittery particles, auras around people, plants, animals, and objects. Some report seeing formerly opaque objects as transparent. When we close our eyes, we no longer see darkness, but redness. We may also see geometric shapes or brilliant colors and pictures when eyes are closed. Colors appear more vivid — the sky might look teal or the grass an amazing green. We may see grids running across the ground. As we become more sensitive, we may see shapes or outlines in the air, especially when the room is almost dark. When our eyes are open or closed, we may see white shapes in our peripheral vision (some say these are spirit guides).
33b. Hearing: Increased or decreased hearing. Other symptoms are hearing white noise in the head, beeps, tones, music or electronic patterns. Some hear water rushing, bees buzzing, whooshing, roaring or ringing. Others have what is called audio dyslexia– we can’t always make out what people are saying, as if we can no longer translate our own language. Some hear strange voices in dreams, as if someone is hovering near them. Our ears are adjusting to new frequencies.
33c. Enhanced senses of smell, touch, and/or taste. We may notice that we can now smell and taste chemical additives in some foods in a rather unpleasant manner. Other food may taste absolutely wonderful. For some people, these enhancements are both delightful and distracting. We may even smell the fragrance of flowers now and then.
34. Skin eruptions: Rashes, bumps, acne, hives, and shingles. Anger produces outbreaks around the mouth and chin. We may experience dermatitis on the extremities when healing episodes from our past, as we are sloughing off toxins and bringing emotions to the surface. When there is an issue to be released and we are trying to repress it, our skin will express the issue for us until we process the emotions.
35. Episodes of intense energy which make you want to leap out of bed and into action. Followed by periods of lethargy and fatigue. The fatigue usually follows great shifts. This is a time of integration, so give into it. Power surges: All of a sudden we are heated from head to toe. It is a momentary sensation, but uncomfortable. In contrast, some people have felt inexplicably cold, or experience waves or currents of energy rolling through us. Energy workers may notice that the heat running through their hands has increased tremendously. This is good.
36. Seeing beings of other dimensions. The veil between dimensions is thinner, so it is not surprising. It is important that we stay in our sovereignty. We are more powerful than we can ever imagine, so we do not have to entertain fear.
37. Seeing a person’s true form or seeing loved ones with a different face. We may see images of this person in a past life or parallel life.
38. Invisible presences. Some of us report feeling surrounded by beings at night or having the sensation of being touched or talked to. Often we will wake with a start. Some also feel our body aura vibrating. The vibrations are caused by energetic changes after emotional clearing has taken place.
39. Communication with Spirit. Contact with angels, spirit guides, and other divine entities. Channeling. More and more people seem to be given this opportunity. Feeling inspiration and downloading information that takes form as writing, painting, ideas, communications, dance, etc.
40. Changes in prayer or meditation. Not feeling the same sensations as before. Not having the same experience of being in contact with Spirit. Difficulty in focusing. This may happen because we may be in more instant and constant communion with Spirit now and the sensation may therefore be altered. We can adapt to this feeling as we are actually thinking and acting in partnership with Spirit most of the time now. We may find our meditation periods shorter.
41. We find a spiritual track that makes sense to us and “speaks to us” at the most profound levels. Suddenly we are gaining a perspective that we would never have considered before. We hunger to know more. We read, share with others, ask questions, and go inside to discover more about who we are and why we are here.
42. Integration: We become emotionally, psychologically, physically, and spiritually stronger and clearer. We feel as if you are in alignment with our Higher Self.
43. Moments of joy and bliss. A deep abiding sense of peace and knowing that we are never alone.
44. Living our purpose: We know that we are finally doing what we came to this earth for. New skills and gifts are emerging, especially healing ones. Our life and work experiences are now converging and starting to make sense. We are finally going to use them all.
Symptoms compiled with credit to in5d.com